EHS & WEEE / RoHS POLICY
WHEATON is committed to excellence in Environment, Health and Safety (EHS). As a socially responsible corporate citizen, we will conduct our business in accordance with all applicable legal standards and strive to meet the highest ethical standards. We shall serve to promote a safe and healthy environment, while seeking to improve the quality of life for our Associates, contractors,visitors, and the community.
This commitment is supported at all levels of the organization and is the individual and collective responsibility of all WHEATON Associates. Through our EHS management system and continuous improvement initiatives we shall:
- Promote a positive "Safety First" lifestyle both at work and at home.
- Provide education and training to ensure that each associate is experienced and competent to perform their duties safely.
- Apply our EHS policies and procedures to all contractors, vendors and suppliers.
- Identify and eliminate foreseeable workplace hazards in our pursuit of zero injuries.
- Meet or exceed all EHS regulatory requirements and applicable laws.
- Reduce environmental impacts and conserve natural resources.
- Integrate EHS as an essential part of our everyday business.
WHEATON, a corporate leader in Environment, Health and Safety (EHS), supports the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive (WEEE) that requires the responsible recycling and re-use of electronic equipment. To this end we are committed to the design of new products with minimal waste, longer life cycles and easier disassembly for recycling, thereby reducing the amount of waste material to which the environment is exposed.
WHEATON is also committed to complying with the Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive (RoHS) that mandates the restricted use of specified hazardous substances in components and parts used to manufacture electrical equipment. Through this commitment we are dedicated to the updating of existing designs as well as assuring new designs meet or exceed RoHS standards. 02.03.2008
ISO & OHSAS Certifications
ISO 9001 Certified since 1995
Current Certifications: ISO 9001/2008, ISO 14001/2004, OHSAS 18001/2007